This page contains the release information for Fractured. Note that the presented Playtesting Roadmap is severely outdated and the game development process has suffered significant delays since it's release in July 2018.
Pre alpha started in November 2018.
Development Phases vs. Testing Phases
The development of Fractured is split into 4 large periods of time, called development phases (or cycles). In chronological order, they’re named Alpha Phase 1, Alpha Phase 2, Beta Phase 1, Beta Phase 2.
Within each development phase, are several time-limited tests, spaced out by some downtime during which feedback is integrated and new features completed. The first test planned for this phase is Alpha 1 – Test 1, and it’s expected December 2018.
Occasional public stress tests and testing weekends are sometimes held in-between the pre-planned testing deployments, these are often announced shortly before them actually taking place.
Fractured will release at a yet-to-be-announced date.
- Fractured is expected to be available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux at the time of its full release.
- The Windows version may be the only one available during alpha stages. A MacOS client will become availabe at one one point during beta testing as stated by Specter on the official discord server.
- It will be "buy to play", granting permanent access once the game is purchased.
- There will be an optional VIP membership available.
- Initial plan is to have one single game server that all player from over the world connect to. If there will be problems with latency server will split. If population grows enough servers will split. Fractured backend for player data is based on google cloud which allows them to potentially move a whole game world overnight.
- Fractured will be localized in following languages: Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Spanish, French, German, Italian
Eventually, we could have a full server layout as such:
- US West
- US East
- Europe West
- Europe East
- South-East Asia
- South America